About Travel Photography,
Colors of the World.
Manfred is creator of ThisFabTrek.com, travel photography, a travel blog and a photography blog (a journey since 2004). 'I set out to see the colors of the world, always I try to capture the colors'.
Seeing, is understanding, so I report and photograph, but formost enjoy and live those different conceptions of life (all that TV [and the web] cannot give). I reject jealousy, animosity, bigotry. Be free!
The mind, when pondering at night and always asked those questions. What am I doing in corporate wonderland of bank, university, office or church? Who is the other animal asleep deep inside, the thinker, punk, creative, or Indian, vagabond and healer, maybe artist, writer, photographer, traveler, globetrotter? Oh God, dare you to think. When I saw the lies, gambles and manipulations I follow the old dream and set out for the journey of life lived, the journey to see the colors of the world.
During years on the road I have taken the turns as they came along, and realized one thing: Only such a small part of the planet can be explored and such a vast land and sea mass will always remain unknown, to me; many swamps, jungles, deserts and oceans will never be traveled. But then I am father of twin boys, Daniel and David, my most important, and I show them some of the wonders and colors out there. ThisFabTrek, is ongoing. Photography and Journey, Stories from the Road and Life around the World, in Love and Peace.
Colors of Peru, 121 days.
Pictures link to stories!
Up in the clouds.
Puno and Lake Titicaca, Aug2012.
Hunchbacked old woman in Puno.
Cusco plaza de armas.
Posing with indigenas and lambs, Cusco Aug2012.
Enough picture taking, Altiplano.
In blue on Arequipa Day.
Andino music, Andino dances, Arequipa Day 2012.
Feathers and Flesh on Arequipa Day.
Arequipa Day, Aug 2012.
White church of Maca, Colca Canyon.
At Cruz del Condor, the twin boys Daniel and David.
Condor over Colca Canyon.
Warm in the sun, Oasis de Sangalle.
Bullfight Huambo, August 2012.
Nice setting, Huacachina dunes.
Mixed Ceviche in Paracas.
Boys against sun, Paracas National Reserve.
Daniel and me, Paracas, David takes the photo.
Road to Nazca, Panamericana through the desert.
Joke, laugh, wait, Lima Independence Day Jul 28th, 2012.
Man from Puno, Lima Peru Independence Day 2012.
Puno woman laughs, Lima Independence Day 2012.
White masked face, Lima Independence Day 2012.
Bolleras from Puno on Lima Independence Day 2012.
Between Huascaran and Chopicalqui.
Andino riders, Cordillera Blanca Range.
Getting even more spectacular, Cordillera Huayhuash.
Past Conococha, Cordillera Blanca.
Up a mirador in Caral, 5,000 year old archaeological site.
The boys on top.
Conga no va!
Conga protests in evening.
Boy of the Kokama Kokamilla.
Evening, a canoe, a fisher man.
Hammocks and life vests.
Boys still sleep.
People wait on headland.
Tumbes is hot.
Pacific sunset under a dark cloud.
My boys, top of van.
Chimu mummy face.
Start in Peru, May 26th, 2012, eventually stay 4 months.
- 2012 09 01 - Cuzco, defying altitude, we sleep on 4,600m, the Peruvian altiplano. visit Puno and Cusco, Inca Saqsaywaman, Pisaq and Moray. My camera gets stolen in Cusco and I manage to buy it back. Then the long way north, the end.
- 2012 08 15 - Arequipa Day, Photography of 472 years of Arequipa celebrations 2012 in Peru, a parade of thousands of dancers, bands, acrobats down la Avenida de Independencia in Arequipa, Volcan Misti thrones in the back.
- 2012 08 11 - Colca Canyon, from Arequipa over 4,800m to Colca Canyon and the Condors, descend to Oasis de Sangalle on foot, up on mules, on to Huambo and a bull fiesta, around the volcanoes back to Arerquipa. As good and beautiful as it gets.
- 2012 08 03 - Huacachina, we go south along the coast, Ica and Daniel is sick, Huacachina and the dunes, Paracas and the light, Nasca and the lines, the Peruvian coast, the desert in the fog.
- 2012 07 28 - Lima, on Peruvian Independence Day.
- 2012 07 20 - Huaraz. From the foggy Pacific over Cordillera Negra, around snowpeaked Cordillera Blanca, around Huascaran, over to Yanama and Chacas and Chavin. There is an ugly mine in Antamina, otherwise it is God's world of lagunas and rocky peaks on 4,500m. Huaraz then keeps us, car is dead, boys injured and sick.
- 2012 07 03 - Cajamarca. From Chachapoyas to Cajamarca devilish roads, the conflict and the dead because of the water and the gold. Conga no va! Down to Pacasmayo and Huanchaco for Chan Chan and Huaca de luna.
- 2012 06 22 - Iquitos, Over the Andes to Bagua, into the Amazon jungle from Yurimaguas to Lagunas and living with Cocama Cocamilla. Another boat trip Lagunas to Iquitos, San Juan fiesta disappoints.
- 2012 06 06 Chiclayo - We descend onto Peru, Mancora beach, Paita puerto, down to Chiclayo and Lambayeque, for the tomb of the Lord of Sipan, and others of Tucume and Pampa Grande.
Beers in Peru.
Puno and Cusco, Aug2012.
Arequipa Day 2012.
Colca Canyon tour.
Huacachina, Paracas, Nasca.
Lima, Peru, Independence Day.
Jul2012, Cordillera Blanca.
Into the Peruvian rainforest.
Sipan, Chimu and Mochica tombs.
Postings by readers don't necessarily represent my own views. I delete what I deem inappropriate. So be fair, don't swear. Discuss photography, travels, places, politics, whatever faintly touches the subject of the page.