The year 2009.
From Bamako, Mali via Dogon Land to Ouagadougou, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Niger, back to Bamako, Mali and ... then from Vienna down the Balkan to the Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Egypt. A busy year.
Egypt for the end of the year.
- 2009 12 31 Hurghada - Saint Catherine to Siva, Cairo to Saint Anthony.
Morocco for Eid al-Adha and my children.
Syria after 22 years again.
- 2009 11 19 Palmyra - The photos I wanted to do?
- 2009 11 16 Deir az-Zor - Where it started 12000 years ago. Fertile Crescent, Aleppo, lost cities, Al-Rasafeh, Deir az-Zor..
Enter Asia. Turkey.
- 2009 10 17 Van - Holy Mount Ararat, lazy serene Lake Van.
- 2009 10 10 Ani - Ancient, uninhabited, medieval city of 200000 around 1000 A.D.
- 2009 10 10 Kars - Erzurum to Yusufeli to Artvin to Kars, the Georgian churches and monasteries tour. October 2009.
- 2009 10 03 Erzurum - Trabzon to Bayburt to Isper to Erzurum, Suleman monastery, Coruh river valley, Osk-Vank Georgian church. Wander between cultures and environments.
- 2009 09 25 Trabzon - The flu on the Black Sea coast, Safranbolu, Kastamonu, Samsun, Trabzon..
- 2009 09 17 Istanbul - Marmara coast, Bosporus, Blue Mosque Sultan Ahmed, Aya Sofya.
Then out of Africa. South Eastern Europe first.
- 2009 08 27 Thessaloniki - Blue, blue, Mythos is a mythos, say no to Heineken.
- 2009 08 19 Sofia - Belgrade, Iron Gate of Danube, Carpathian cut through, Sofia and Rila mountains .
- 2009 08 13 Bucharest - was Ceauşescu the worst of them?
- 2009 08 07 L'viv - So spectacular, interesting. Gruesome history.
- 2009 08 02 Budapest - Start of journey to the East.
And back out of Ghana, Togo, Benin, Niger.
- 2009 04 25 Malanville - Legendary Journey, Accra, Lome, Cotonou, Niamey, Gao, back to Bamako. From tropics to sahel. Meeting Pipona..