What has happened so-far?
- 2013 - La Serena in Chile, south the Careterra Austral, Ushuaia, Argentina, north, Moptevideo to Sao Paulo and I fly to Vienna, head south to Morocco with my boys, then back through Spain. ThisFabTrek ends on 17th of August.
- 2012 - El Zonte in El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica to Panama to Colombia to Ecuador, 4 months Peru, Bolivia and Chile.
- 2011 - Vienna south to Mali, then back to the US, then Mexico, then with my boys to Morocco and over back to Mexico, Belize and again Mexico, then Guatemala.
- 2010 - Egypt to Israel/Palestine, Cyprus and Turkey and Greece, Albania, Bosnia back to Vienna. With my boys (3) north Poland, the Baltics, Russia, Finland up to Norway and North Cape and back. Then over to the US, NY, then Seattle south, San Diego, Joshua Tree, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley.
- 2009 - From to Bamako to Ouagadougou, then Ghana, Togo and Benin, via Niamey and Gao back to Bamako, ..., 2nd half of the year from Vienna, down the Balkan, into Asia, Turkey, Syria, Jordan to Egypt.
- 2008 - From Ouagadougou to Bamako, I fly to Vienna in Jan, and with my boys back to Mali, then Senegal, Guinea Bissau. On my own I head south, pass Guinea into Sierra Leone, then Liberia, into Cote d'Ivoire and back to Bamako. Summer means touring Europe. Then back to Africa.
- 2007 - Vienna, Austria, the birth of my twin boys Daniel and David, then the long way back down south (BDS) with the newborns, via the South of Italy, France and Spain to Casablanca, Morocco, on my own further to Mauritania, Mali, Guinea, back to Mali and down to Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- 2006 - starts out in Segou, Mali and ends in Bamako, Mali and so much in between. Twice back to Vienna, twice back down south to Mali, a great festival in Essaouira, Morocco in June and the Guinea adventure at the end of the year.
- 2005 - the remaining time in England (the 6x6 conversion) and the Africa journey - Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal/Gambia. In Morocco I meet Hasna, she comes along.
- 2004 - all the travels in Europe, mainly England, Scotland, Ireland and back to Austria for 2 month. Heidrun joins me - for a little while.
- Preparation - The period in Vienna when I started cooking up the idea of leaving until the final step (early until 22nd of July 2004).
- South America
- Argentina and Chile - first only 3 days, then much more.
- Bolivia - is amazing.
- Peru - 4 months.
- Ecuador - Bye bye Miss Quito.
- Colombia - Gabriel García Márquez and La Violencia.
Central America, the Caribbean.
- Central America, Caribbean - la independencia, if it ever existed...?
- Panama - An abundance of fish, trees and butterflies, for the benefit of the world.
- Costa Rica - Tourist Paradise. 2 weeks with my nephew Marco.
- Nicaragua - from Sandinismo to Christianity.
- El Salvador - Feel the pain.
- Guatemala - Country of the Eternal Spring.
- Belize - Between Caribbean, Latin and Maya, a good entry.
- North America - the gorillas.
- Mexico - Baja, Copper Canyon, a summer tour with my boys to Yucatan, Chiapas, and on, finally Oaxaca.
- United States - So how did I get here? This is not my beautiful wife..., NY, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada. Olympics, Redwoods, Joshua Tree, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley.
- Asia - that was brief.
- Isreal-Palestine - Jerusalem, Hebron to Nablus.
- Jordan - Jerash and Petra.
- Syria - Aleppo to Deir az-Zor, Palmyra.
- Turkey - Istanbul, Black Sea coast and the South East Kurdish regions.
- Africa - Colourful and a mess at the same time, some is homemade.
- Egypt - Pyramids and more.
- Ghana, Togo and Benin - Beaches, Palms. So very different countries.
- Burkina Faso - Fespaco and kicking the dust.
- Cote d'Ivoire - Suisse before, now brutally put back in line with the continent's standard.
- Sierra Leone, Liberia. - Wars are over.
- Guinea Bissau - Don't know what to make of it.
- Guinea - We are together. Conakry - World capital of percussion.
- Mali - Un peuple, un bout, une fois.
- Senegal-Gambia - Marabouts and Tiéboudienne.
- Mauritania - Honneur, Fraternité, Justice.
- Morocco - Land of the Jinn.
- Europe - The old continent.
- Scandinavia-Finland - Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.
- Russia - still so unknown.
- Baltics - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia all so different, the beers tell a tale.
- Poland - Start of a journey north with my twin boys (3.5y).
- Greece - Blue, blue. The mythos of Mythos.
- Bulgaria - Belgrade to Sofia, Iron Gate.
- Romania - Danube delta, Carpathians. Was Ceauşescu the worst of them?
- Ukraine - L'viv is spectacular, gruesome history.
- Hungary - This is the start of the India journey.
- Italy - Giro d'Italia.
- Spain and Portugal - Leaving the continent.
- Ireland - Going Down.
- Scotland - Still Land Rover Country.
- England - Land Rover Country.
- France - Quant en France.
- Holland - Keep in touch with the dutch.
- Germany - First border crossing.
- Austria - born in Vienna, this is where I come from
Kilometer Stats.: 325,985kms taveled overland.
|325,985kms traveled||6x6 Land Rover||Other Cars||Trekking||Trains||Taxis||Buses||Car Ferries||Boats|
Last updated: 17th Aug 2013. Some categories omitted.
Postings by readers don't necessarily represent my own views. I delete what I deem inappropriate. So be fair, don't swear. Discuss photography, travels, places, politics, whatever faintly touches the subject of the page.