About Travel Photography,
Colors of the World.
Manfred is creator of ThisFabTrek.com, travel photography, a travel blog and a photography blog (a journey from 2004 to 2013). 'I set out to see the colors of the world, always I try to capture the colors'.
Seeing, is understanding, so I report and photograph, but formost enjoy and live those different conceptions of life (all that TV [and the web] cannot give). I reject jealousy, animosity, bigotry. Be free!
The mind, when pondering at night and always asked those questions. What am I doing in corporate wonderland of bank, university, office or church? Who is the other animal asleep deep inside, the thinker, punk, creative, or Indian, vagabond and healer, maybe artist, writer, photographer, traveler, globetrotter? Oh God, dare you to think. When I saw the lies, gambles and manipulations I follow the old dream and set out for the journey of life lived, the journey to see the colors of the world.
During years on the road I have taken the turns as they came along, and realized one thing: Only such a small part of the planet can be explored and such a vast land and sea mass will always remain unknown, to me; many swamps, jungles, deserts and oceans will never be traveled. But then I am father of twin boys, Daniel and David, my most important, and I show them some of the wonders and colors out there.
ThisFabTrek, Photography and Journey, the Stories from the Road and Life around the World, stopped in August 2013 after more than 9 years, Love and Peace.
Colors of Mexico.
Pictures link to stories!
El Dia de los Muertos.
Church Huajuapan de Le├│n, Oaxaca.
El Silencio Mata.
Girls and flower baskets.
Fiesta de quince anos.
Washed rocks, Hierve de Agua.
Calle Aldama mural.
National Palace, Mexico.
Balloons, sun over Pyramid of the Sun.
Yellow and white Vochito.
Tetela del Volcan.
The boys and Popocateptl.
When the waves come.
Buried in sand.
Mexican/Austrian/Moroccan curiosity. Pacific Ocean Sep2011.
Is he the ruler K'inich Janaab' Pakal?
Reproduction of Maya glyphs.
Me and the boys.
Some tacos near-by.
Boys on top of mariachi sculpture.
San Quentin north.
Vochito paddles through rain.
Clear Costa Maya.
Fresh coconuts for the boys.
Front, west view of great pyramid.
What is here to do?
First encounter near-by.
Iguana, Uxmal. Jul2011
Giant steps, takes convincing.
Mounting one is no problem.
Izamal, Convento de San Antonio de Padua. Jul2011
Barely 15 hours after landing.
Rusting away fishing vessel.
Street corner Campeche.
A bar on first floor would be great in here. Mazatlan May2011
Spreading out the chilies on grill.
Empty bottles. Guadalajara May11
Recowata Hot Springs, Copper Canyon, May11.
Burnt out Ford Explorer. Copper Canyon, May11.
Mision del Santo Angel de Satevo.
Black and white trunk art.
Bright red tree in Urique. Copper Canyon, May11.
Man and Tecate.
Cardon Cactus in Baja California. Apr11.
Santa Rosalia, Gustave Eiffel church.
Pelicans slhuette. Cabo Ribera, Baja Sur. Apr11
Men on Ferry.
And back in October.
Back with my boys in July.
- 2011 09 16 Cuernavaca. Taxco, Guerrero, the Morelos, Emiliano Zapata Country. Independence Day in Cuernavaca. A visit to Paso de Cortez and Papacatepetl.
- 2011 09 12 Acapulco. Violent waves hit the Pacific Beaches in Chiapas, Oaxaca and Guerrero, the promised beaches for my twin boys Daniel and David
- 2011 08 29 San Cristobal. Into Chiapas, Zapatista country. Palenque and the Lacandon Jungle.
- 2011 08 06 Chetumal. Down the Quintana Roo coast, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Mahahual and Costa Maya, Chetumal.
- 2011 07 24 Rio Lagartos. Chichen Itza Maya site, Yucatan. Flamingos and cowboy fiesta in Rio Lagartos. And we crash the van's side windows.
- 2011 07 21 Izamal. Edzna, Uxmal, Maya sites, mission churches in between, the people with the cross crushed the indigenous population of Yucatan.
- 2011 07 14 Campeche. This is my life, life of a parenting father on journey with twin boys, 4.5 years old. How to travel Mexico with children? How to treat them to cocina mejicana? How to teach them swim? How...?
First Mexican trip Apr to June 2011.
- 2011 06 03 Mexico City - South from Los Mochis along the coast, Culiacan, Mazatlan, San Blas, San Francisco, Puerte Vallarta, then 4 days sick in Guadalajara, then Morelia so beautiful architecture, finally Mexico City.
- 2011 05 20 Copper Canyon - Adventure! Barrancas del Cobre, beautiful at stages almost lethal canyon by train, feet and on the back of pick-up trucks on dusty roads.
- 2011 05 09 La Paz Baja California - New in Mexico, Baja California from north to south, follow the pelicans, deserts and cacti.
Beers in Mexico.
So after the greatest country of hoppyness, the US, we are here in Mexico and beer serves the prime purpose of refreshing, cold, clear, clara, Pacifico. Fridges are turned to -1°C, just below freezing, the bottles balloon to ballena (whale), you need it, a beer in Mexico is a must like water.
- Pacifico, Mazatlan, the great Clara.
- Indio beer., not so bad.
- Sol when is hot, one gets used to.
- Dos Equis when is hot, one gets used to
- Superior, can't get a handle on this, when is hot, one gets used to, maybe not even that. Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma.
- Montejo has some taste.
- Tecate from north, brewery during prohibition times, moved over the border, when is hot, one gets used to. Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma.
- Modelo never liked it.
- Negra Modelo, flat too.
- Bohemia Obscura is a lemonade, taste of molasse.
- Leon Cerveza Negra, interesting, another invention of Modelo corp.
- Cerveza Noche Buena only at Christmas time, 5.9%, decent beer from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma.
...and there are lots more, most not worth mentioning... drafts are flat so often, Modelo's Chope, Negro Modelo or Modelo Especial, often so much warmer then the -1°C fridge bottled cousins.
Fiesta quince anos, Oaxaca Nov2011.
Mexico, Frida, Teotihuacan.
Independence Day, Sep2011.
Pacific Beaches, the waves come.
Chiapas, Zapatistas, Lacandon.
My boys during repairs Jul2011
Flamingos in Rio Lagartos.
Uxmal, Edzna and mission churches.
The boys start Mexico July2011.
Mexican road May2011.
Copper Canyon May2011.
Baja California Apr2011.