The year 2008.
After Ouagadougou back to Bamako. In Jan I fly back to Vienna, pack up my family, fly via Casablanca back to Bamako, Mali then Senegal, Guinea Bissau. On my own I head south, pass Guinea into Sierra Leone, then Liberia, into Cote d'Ivoire and back to Bamako.
Summer means touring Europe. With and without family. Then I turn back to Bamako, where the year ends.
And - back to Bamako, where else.
Summer in Morocco and Europe.
Cote d'Ivoire, June 2008.
- 2008 06 10 - Yamoussoukro, San Pedro to Abidjan, Grand Bassam to Yamoussoukro and north through rebel territories to Bamako.
Sierra Leone and Liberia, who said it's dangerous?
- 2008 05 25 - Harper, 800km Liberian jungle roads.
- 2008 05 17 - Monrovia, Liberia, and its past civil wars.
- 2008 05 07 - Freetown Lumley beach, No2 River.
Guinea Conakry, 3rd time, last time?.
Guinea Bissau, still with Daniel and David.
We are back in Segou, Mali, with Daniel and David.
- 2008 02 02 - Segou, Festival sur le Niger, 4th edition, Salif Keita, Bassékou Kouyaté, Cheik Tidiane Seck.
- 2008 02 01 - Segou, Festival sur le Niger, 4th edition, Habib Koité Mangala Camara, Abdoulaye Diabaté.
- 2008 01 05 - Bamako, Mopti, Ouagadougou, Bamako, Vienna, Casablanca, Bamako.
Postings by readers don't necessarily represent my own views. I delete what I deem inappropriate. So be fair, don't swear. Discuss photography, travels, places, politics, whatever faintly touches the subject of the page.