The year 2012.
El Zonte in El Salvador, then Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama2Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and to La Serena in Chile.
Chile, for the end, Dec 2012.
- 2012 12 24 San Pedro de Atacama - Geysers de Tatio, Valle de Luna, Valle de Muerto, Ojos Salare, Lagunas Miscanti, Miniques, Pukara Quito, Atacameno culture, west to the coast and Atofagasta and La Portada, then south along the coast, Pan de Azucar, Las Lomitas, La Serena.
Bolivia, Nov 2012.
- 2012 12 08 Uyuni - Part 2, four friends cross the Salt Flats and Bolivia's high altiplano lagunas country in a 2 wheel drive Chevy van, some off-road action.
- 2012 11 28 - Sajama, Yungas road visited, Huayna Potosi and Sajama volcano, an Aymara fiesta in Coipasa, crossing of salt flats Coipasa and Uyuni.
- 2012 11 24 La Paz - Out of Peru after 121 days, a last drive over the Peruvian Andes, Lima to Ayacucho to Ollantaytambo, then Machu Picchu, ticked it off, without tears. Then the great drive from Lake Titicaca to chaotic La Paz.
Ecuador, Sep/Oct 2012.
- 2012 10 28 Manta - the fill page, Mancora, Pe, north to Montanita, Ec, for the last two weeks, for the boys to chill after all the traveling, on the boards in the waves of the Pacific Ocean and we see C. again and it is good.
Back in Peru, more Peru - 102 days so-far.
- 2012 09 01 - Cuzco, defying altitude, we sleep on 4,600m, the Peruvian altiplano. visit Puno and Cusco, Inca Saqsaywaman, Pisaq and Moray. My camera gets stolen in Cusco and I manage to buy it back. Then the long way north, the end.
A Quicky in Chile, 3 days, Aug 2012.
- 2012 08 19 - Arica, 3 days in Chile, the twin boys Daniel and David suffer from altitude sickness, near Parinacota and Pomerape Volcanoes and Putre, Arica to Biofera Lauca.
Peru, 83 days, - so-far.
- 2012 08 15 - Arequipa Day, Photography of 472 years of Arequipa celebrations 2012 in Peru, a parade of thousands of dancers, bands, acrobats down la Avenida de Independencia in Arequipa, Volcan Misti thrones in the back.
- 2012 08 11 - Colca Canyon, from Arequipa over 4,800m to Colca Canyon and the Condors, descend to Oasis de Sangalle on foot, up on mules, on to Huambo and a bull fiesta, around the volcanoes back to Arerquipa. As good and beautiful as it gets.
- 2012 08 03 - Huacachina, we go south along the coast, Ica and Daniel is sick, Huacachina and the dunes, Paracas and the light, Nasca and the lines, the Peruvian coast, the desert in the fog.
- 2012 07 28 - Lima, on Peruvian Independence Day.
- 2012 07 20 - Huaraz. From the foggy Pacific over Cordillera Negra, around snowpeaked Cordillera Blanca, around Huascaran, over to Yanama and Chacas and Chavin. There is an ugly mine in Antamina, otherwise it is God's world of lagunas and rocky peaks on 4,500m. Huaraz then keeps us, car is dead, boys injured and sick.
- 2012 07 03 - Cajamarca. From Chachapoyas to Cajamarca devilish roads, the conflict and the dead because of the water and the gold. Conga no va! Down to Pacasmayo and Huanchaco for Chan Chan and Huaca de luna. sssss
- 2012 06 22 - Iquitos, Over the Andes to Bagua, into the Amazon jungle from Yurimaguas to Lagunas and living with Cocama Cocamilla. Another boat trip Lagunas to Iquitos, San Juan fiesta disappoints.
- 2012 06 06 Chiclayo - We descend onto Peru, Mancora beach, Paita puerto, down to Chiclayo and Lambayeque, for the tomb of the Lord of Sipan, and others of Tucume and Pampa Grande.
Ecuador, Bye bye Miss Quito.
- 2012 05 24 - Cuenca. In the Andean Mountains an Indigenas fiesta in Salinas de Guaranda of bulls and horses, then Chimborazo with a blue sky, then to picturesque Cuenca.
- 2012 05 14 - Cuyabeno, Voyage with my twin boys in Ecuador, Ibarra, Otavalo, Quito, Cotopaxi, Cuyabeno River in the Amazon basin, Travel Photography. Played by the Gods. Bye bye Miss Quito.
Enter South America, Colombia, Mar/Apr2012.
- 2012 04 10 Salento - The new journey begins, the boys arrive in Bogota, we go Medellin, Cali, Salento, Popayan in the Chevy van.
- 2012 04 01 Villa De Leyva - on Gabriel Garcia Marquez tracks, from Cartagena, Barranquilla, Santa Marta, Guajira, Riohacha, Maicao, Bucaramanga, Pamplona, Yinjo, Villa de Leyva, Boyaca Bridge, Bogota.
Panama till we set over.
- 2012 03 15 Kuna Yala San Blas islands - journey in canoes and commercial boats, Portobelo, Miramar, Porvenir, Rio Azucar/Urwargandub, Tigre, San Ignacio/Tupiles, Ustupu, Mulatupu, Caledonia, Puerto Obaldia, Panama and Carpurgana to Turbo, Colombia.
- 2012 02 29 Panama Beaches - and Panama City. Venao, Guanica, Cambutal, Punta Chame.
- 2012 02 20 Las Tablas - Carnival in Panama, Music and accordion tradition in Panama, pollera dresses.
Costa Rica with my nephew.
- 2012 02 10 Cahuita - 2 weeks with my nephew Marco, on the Caribbean Costa Rica Coast, Cahuita and Manzanillo National Parks, Monkeys, Iguanas, Snakes, Crocodiles and Butterflies
- 2012 01 16 Managua - Of Sandinistas, Christians and King Daniel, journey through Nicaragua, Leon to Managua, to Granada. Volcanos and Beaches.
It starts in El Zonte, El Salvador.
- 2012 01 05 El Mozote - El Zonte lulls us in a merry New Years Eve. San Salvador is harsh reality, the wounds of El Mozote and other civil war atrocities have not healed in 30 years. The gangs are yet another import from the US, nothings seems ever changes in El Salvador.