About Travel Photography,
Colors of the World.
Manfred is creator of ThisFabTrek.com, travel photography, a travel blog and a photography blog (a journey from 2004 to 2013). 'I set out to see the colors of the world, always I try to capture the colors'.
Seeing, is understanding, so I report and photograph, but formost enjoy and live those different conceptions of life (all that TV [and the web] cannot give). I reject jealousy, animosity, bigotry. Be free!
The mind, when pondering at night and always asked those questions. What am I doing in corporate wonderland of bank, university, office or church? Who is the other animal asleep deep inside, the thinker, punk, creative, or Indian, vagabond and healer, maybe artist, writer, photographer, traveler, globetrotter? Oh God, dare you to think. When I saw the lies, gambles and manipulations I follow the old dream and set out for the journey of life lived, the journey to see the colors of the world.
During years on the road I have taken the turns as they came along, and realized one thing: Only such a small part of the planet can be explored and such a vast land and sea mass will always remain unknown, to me; many swamps, jungles, deserts and oceans will never be traveled. But then I am father of twin boys, Daniel and David, my most important, and I show them some of the wonders and colors out there.
ThisFabTrek, Photography and Journey, the Stories from the Road and Life around the World, stopped in August 2013 after more than 9 years, Love and Peace.
Colors of Argentina and Chile.
Map of Argentina and Chile.
Argentinian and Chilean Highlights.
Pictures link to stories!
Patagonian island glaciers.
C. and Chilean flag.
Yaghan mural in Ushuaia.
Grey glacier, early morning.
Posing in front of glacier. March 2013.
Paso John Gardner view of Grey Glacier.
Torres del Paine.
Long legs, C. French Valley, Torres del Paine.
Happy on Lago General Carrera.
Andres, Valentina, Patagonia, road side camp, March 2013.
The O'Higgins glacier, Chile.
from the top of Cerro Lopez, Monte Tronador.
Viewing platforms, Perito Moreno glacier Argentina, March 2013.
Woman painted on sheets in Valparaiso.
The end of my most loved Chevy van.
Osorno Volcano, Feb2013.
Fitzroya trees in the sky.
Where the lahar ended 2010 volcano eruption, Chaiten.
Valley de Luna near San Pedro de Atacama.
Quatbikes, valley de muertos, near San Pedro de Atacama.
Smoke on the water, Geysers of Tatio.
La Portada near Antofagasta.
Desert coastal Las Lomitas, northern Chile, Pacific.
Altiplano and volcanoes Pomerape and Parinacota, Aug2012.
Parinacota white church on 4,500m.
D&D, back on beach in Arica, Aug2012.
Chile and Argentina, the south, 2013.
- 2013 04 13 - Buenos Aires, the end of an amazing journey, the end of ThisFabTrek, the end of Latin America, the end of a photographer carreer, the end of a love affair. The end is fast.
- 2013 03 17 - Torres Del Paine, how to walk the circuit and the W in 5-6 days, 160kms? Walk light, walk fast.
- 2013 03 06 - O'Higgins Glacier, Bariloche to Futaleufu, Coyhaique to Chile Chico, O'Higgins to Calafate's Perito Moreno, glaciers of South America. Hiking, hitching and boating along the Careterra Austral.
Back in Chile Dec 2012 after Bolivia.
- 2013 02 16 - Puerto Varas, the new year bird comes to La Serena and goes. The end of the Chevy van, a Christian thief and too much disgusting food in Valdivia, plus a complicated Bierfest. Walking beautiful Fitzroya nature is free.
- 2012 12 24 - San Pedro de Atacama, Geysers de Tatio, Valle de Luna, Valle de Muerto, Ojos Salare, Lagunas Miscanti, Miniques, Pukara Quito, Atacameno culture, west to the coast and Atofagasta and La Portada, then south along the coast, Pan de Azucar, Las Lomitas, La Serena.
A Quicky in Chile, 3 days, Aug 2012.
So many so nice beers in Chile.
Food in Chile by comparison is lousy.
- Kunstmann bier from Valvidia, Torobayo Ale, Bock, Lager Unfiltered shop (draught) and a few more.
- Austral lager, calafate, and many more.
- Salzburg cerveza artesanal in Valdivia, amber and negra shop.
- Kross, Santiago shop is nice.
- Morchela? shop in Puerto Varas.
- Cuello Negra Valdivia, so very nice again, shop Ambar and Stout.
- Chester, unfiltered in Puerto Varas.
- Baguales Microbrewed in Puerto Natales rubia, pale beer: Bronze Medal Winner in Copa America 2011 Beers.
- Becker, brewed and canned by Anheuser-Busch.
- Baltica, brewed and canned by Anheuser-Busch.
Beers in Argentina.
- Quilmes Cristal.
- Manush, Kolsh, Stout, Milk Stout, Pale Ale, Honey Ale and many more, artesanal in Bariloche.
- Gilbert, Roja Ale and Stout, artisanal in Bariloche.
- Artesanal Chopen, Roja Patagonia, in El Calafate, in a bottle in Perito Moreno glacier cantine.
- El Dragon Verde, in El Bolson, roja.
- Beagle, Fuegian Ale in Ushuaia rubia (so nice, so fresh lemony), also roja and negra (not for me).
- Baum Handwerk Bier in Mar del Plata.
- Antares artesanal beer, a Mar del Plata invention franchised all over Argentina.
- El Federal pub artesanal, in San Telmo Buenos Aires.
Hitch hiking Ushuaia to Buenos Aires.
Torres del Paine walk, Mar2013.
Careterra Austral, O'Higgins glacier.
La Serena to Puerto Varas Jan2013.
San Pedro Atacama to Antofagasta Dec2012.
Pomerape and Parinacota, Aug2012.